Articles encompassing my favourite engineering management subjects such as people development, hiring, planning, delivery, technical strategy, and much more.
- Delegation is a cornerstone in leadership. I've tried to synthesise what I believe to be good delegation into three simple principles. Read more→
- Similarly to software, teams can benefit from composition. A common org design pattern is defining a platform team and leveraging it through many application teams. Read more→
- Engineering teams can grow in unexpected ways like systems do. Utilising experimentation concepts can help on such scenarios. Read more→
- Assessing who is the best candidate for a role is not in any means a straightforward task. Here are some of my takes on this subject. Read more→
- Some ideas on how to perform better in the behavioural and subjective bits of my favourite technical interview type: system design. Read more→
- A take on how to overcome problems engineering and product development teams face with stakeholders, goals and metrics through language. Read more→
- Three reflections after reading Kim Scott's book "Radical Candor" around caring personally and challenging directly. Read more→